- Depending on the daily circumstance, possible wait time may vary anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour.
- Doctors have a limited number of patients they are allowed to see per day, as authorized by the Medical Service Plan and they may not be able to see more patients once that number has been reached.
In these events, our walk-in clinic may close early without any notice
- Certain tests, such as Pap Smear and Complete Physical Exams, do require an appointment to be made in advance.
Appointments, Cancellations and No-Shows
- Please call during the clinic hours to book an appointment with any one of our doctors.
- When cancelling your appointment please call us 24 hours in advance so that appointment may be given to someone else.
- If an appointment is cancelled on the same day for up to three times or a patient does not show up, a $60 missed-appointment fee will be charged. However, this may be waived in the event of an unexpected emergency.
Lab Results and Prescription Repeats
- Since lab results are kept strictly confidential, patient must meet with our doctor to get your lab results or any other chart related information.
They will not be provided over the phone.
- Doctor must monitor your continued care therefore prescription repeats will not be done over the phone.You must come to the clinic to see a doctor.
- If a referral to a specialist is being made for you by our office, either our office or the specialist office will contact you with an appointment time. All referrals are faxed to the specialists’ office within 48 hours of your visit.
However due to the wait lists at the specialist offices, you may not be contacted right away with an appointment.
We will make every attempt to let you know prior to leaving the clinic how long the wait list is for the specialist.
- As the doctors are extremely busy during their working hours, no calls or messages will be taken for the doctors.
You must call to book an appointment or walk in for the doctor on duty.
Transfer of Medical Records
- Please note that there is a charge when you request to have your medical records transferred and the fees are due upon receiving a transfer request form.
For your record, BCMA Non-MSP fee schedule currently suggests as follows :
Transfer of Medical Records (excludes photocopying and/or courier fees) $32.05
Photocopying fee (first 10 pages/per page) $1.50
Photocopying fee (each subsequent page) $0.30
- It is the patient’s responsibility to pay in advance for any forms that need to be filled out by the doctor because MSP does not pay for completion of forms. Please inform the receptionist of any forms needing to be filled out prior to seeing the doctor.
Etiquette / Manner in the Clinic
- Our front staffs are highly professional and trained to make your visit pleasant and comfortable.
- Any rude or aggressive behavior will not be tolerated towards any of our staffs and other patients in the clinic.
If you have any concerns associated with your visit, please contact the clinic manager in writing.
- For consideration of others in the clinic, please refrain from using your cellular phone while in the clinic.
Termination of Doctor-Patient Relationship
- A satisfactory doctor-patient relationship needs to occur in order to provide the best possible health care for the patient.
If for any reasons, this relationship becomes compromised it may be terminated. If this occurs, we will provide emergency medical care only for one month, or when the patient finds a new family doctor, whichever comes first.